Why attending trade shows and exhibitions helps employee learning, training, and development.
Article by Vanessa Trower
This year, Vanessa Trower will represent the Institute for Learning and Performance ILP) on the Sydney Build Expo Skills Hub stage on ‘The Future of Learning‘.
Here she shares why attending trade shows and exhibitions helps employee learning, training, and development.
Developing industry insight provides the most valuable learning, training and development opportunities, understanding current trends, innovations, forecasting and reflecting on one’s performance, motivations, preferences and perspectives.
Seeking industry learning opportunities can support career development and performance. Trade Shows, expos and conferences support the learning initiatives, and we should be tapping in and driving attendance to the relevant events.
Here’s why every employer should send their people to regular conferences and training days or even plan their events to boost employee morale.
Five Reasons why Learning, Training & Development should encourage employees, contractors, and partners, to attend industry events.
- Broaden their industry knowledge on current and future trends. It’s a moment for the individual to reflect on how they measure up and fit for the future with their current capabilities.
- Hear from industry speakers on critical topics to expand perspectives, for example, sustainability goals or social responsibility.
- The invitation or encouragement from an employer to attend a tradeshow can increase the employee morale of self-development, psychological meaningfulness, belonging and confidence and feeling part of the bigger picture and part of a great industry.
- After attending a Tradeshow or Expo, it’s an opportunity for the Learning, Training & Development team to extend the ‘buzz’ of the event and share with others internally. This can be done via a digital board, photos, video sharing or an internal event on ‘Key findings on the *** expo’.
- Networking and your brand awareness with the potential opportunities for new partnerships, leads and sales. The perfect chance for branded shirts when attending the expo.
Let’s consider the Sydney Build Expo, held on the 1- 2 June. This two-day free event will offer over 300 accredited presentations, 500 exhibitors and incredible networking opportunities for all of Australia’s construction, architecture, engineering, HVAC, project management, surveying, transport, infrastructure, design professionals and more. I could not think of a better learning opportunity for anyone in the building and construction industry, including support teams.
Sydney Build Expo will hold a Skills and Wellness hub. This stage will feature two days of training workshops and presentations from the industry’s top influencers and educators specialising in social media & digital marketing, public relations, sales, training and human resources.
If you are in the relevant industries, employees, partners, or suppliers can attend by registering on this link https://www.sydneybuildexpo.com and have the opportunity to discover the latest trends and strategies to enhance their insight, capabilities fuelling inspiration and engagement.