ILP Masterclass – What’s Your L&D Story?
This was a wonderful masterclass with 6 ILP members – Rebeccas Slingo, Anyetta Berrisford, Vanessa Trower, Malcolm Simister, Adam Le Good, and Bill Jarrard.
Every learning and development (L&D) professional and every L&D business has a story – let’s start to build them and share them.
In this special masterclass we heard the fascinating stories of several ILP members who have stories and experiences we can all learn from. Addressing all the questions that could go into building a story would take more time than we’ll have so we’ve asked our storytellers to focus on just three questions, such as:
- What were some key lessons learnt along the way?
- What hints and tips do you have for new L&D professionals or anyone reinventing their business model?
- What would be the one thing you would like to advise yourself in you could start over?
- What was the biggest obstacle and how did you overcome it?
- What have you done when things have gone pear-shaped?
- What would you not do again (avoid)?
Ultimately though we left it for our speakers to share what they see as most valuable, in the short time they had.
Why are our stories relevant and valuable?
No one can deny it, we are in changing times, and the opportunity to learn from each other has never been greater. If you are thinking about leaving employment to head out on your own, or considering shifting from self-employment to re-joining the workforce, or are a determined L&D business (big or small) looking to reinvent your Business Model, this is an ILP Masterclass you don’t want to miss.
ILP members can view this masterclass here.