ILP Masterclass – Understanding Neurodiversity in L&D
Recorded 17 August 2022
Increasingly learners are identifying as neurodiverse, dyslexic, ADHD, autistic, dyspraxia and more. Do you know how to identify and support colleagues and learners who are neurodiverse?
In the past ILP has run masterclasses on diversity and inclusion in learning experience design and facilitation, and in this masterclass with a panel of professionals making a difference in this field, we are going to deep dive in the specific areas of Neurodiversity.
Some of the areas we will explore are:
- What is Neurodiversity / Dyslexia / ADHD / and other variations?
- What does a person with Neurodiversity / Dyslexia / ADHD experience that is different to others? How does this impact their world?
- The challenge and opportunity of neurodiversity from the perspective of neurodivergents, employers, team member, and L&D professionals.
- Techniques to better design and facilitate learning for mixed ability learners.
Our Panel for this discussion is:
- Lyndal Box (Host), Director of LB Learning Solutions
- Julie Mitchell (Co-host), Mitchell Training & Development
- David Smith – Employ for Ability, Neurodiversity specialist
- Zoe Wood – Video Confidence Coach, lived experience Dyslexia
This masterclass was made available to everyone, and we had interest from more than 150 people, and 100 participants in the session. Questions were submitted via Padlet prior to the session, and voted on by participants at the start, so the key questions could be addressed by our panel.
Feedback has been outstanding and ILP is delighted to be shining a light on important topics such as this. Be sure to check out other masterclasses available to everyone, and those available to ILP members.
This Masterclass is ended. if you are ILP member then you can login to watch the Masterclass Recording