17 August 3:30-5:00 PM Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
Increasingly learners are identifying as neurodiverse, dyslexic, ADHD, autistic, dyspraxia and more. Do you know how to identify and support colleagues and learners who are neurodiverse?
In the past we have run masterclasses on diversity and inclusion in learning experience design and facilitation, and in this masterclass with a panel of professionals making a difference in this field, we are going to deep dive in the specific areas of Neurodiversity.
Some of the areas we will explore are:
- What is Neurodiversity / Dyslexia / ADHD / and other variations?
- What does a person with Neurodiversity / Dyslexia / ADHD experience that is different to others? How does this impact their world?
- The challenge and opportunity of neurodiversity from the perspective of neurodivergents, employers, team member, and L&D professionals.
- Techniques to better design and facilitate learning for mixed ability learners.
Our Panel for this discussion is:
- Lyndal Box (Host), Director of LB Learning Solutions
- Julie Mitchell (Co-host), Mitchell Training & Development
- David Smith – Employment for Ability, Neurodiversity specialist
- Zoe Wood – Video Confidence Coach, lived experience Dyslexia
The session will be interactive with an opportunity to ask questions before and during the session.
We encourage you to submit your question/s ahead of the workshop by clicking the link below:
Submit a question for the panel.
The event is hosted online using Zoom. During the session we may use share-screen, whiteboard, and chat features.
How to join a Zoom
Video: Zoom accessible features overview YouTube (3 minutes, 25 seconds)
Zoom accessibility FAQs
Padlet is the online tool we are using to capture questions. You may prefer to add your questions to zoom chat on the day or submit your questions by email.
If you would like to submit your questions by email, or if you have any specific accessibility requirements or requests to advise in advance, please contact: [email protected]