Member Since April 30, 2020
Professional Title Consultant | Facilitator | Trainer Biography Financial statements reveal your business' financial performance and so are an important input to decision making. Not being able to read them properly can have unfortunate consequences, such as:
- Embarrassment at not being able to explain financial results properly and confidently to head office, the boss or the bank
- Impaired promotion or job prospects, and not least
- Bad decisions leading to costly outcomes.
Sometimes, subordinates' inability to read and use financial statements means you can't delegate sufficiently so you are forced to spend valuable time doing it all yourself, time you would rather spend doing other things, both personal and business. Your subordinates need to learn, for your sake and theirs.
And, really, it is not that difficult. When explained simply in plain English the mystery of financial statements disappears. As Einstein said, 'If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.'
I have more than 40 years experience as a Chartered Accountant and have spent the last 18 years training business managers and company directors in businesses large and small, in the private and public sectors.
Through experimentation and refinement, I know how to explain financial statements as simply as possible in plain English. I have seen many light bulbs illuminate and mists clear.
Financial statements are a universal language but, alas, I only speak English. Through my online courses, anyone who can speak English can learn about financial statements and how to analyse them to drive performance, manage costs, control cash and generate better returns on capital invested.
Area of expertise Accounting & Finance, Business & Administration, Facilitation & Training, Project Management, Writing Skills Education & Accreditations - BA with honours in Accounting
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Industry Experience Professional Services Languages English Website (URL) http://www.finstatsplain.com.au/ City Glen Iris State Victoria Country/Region Australia Postcode 3146
- Post ListingAre you sure you want to delete this Post ?Are you sure you want to delete this comment ?No Post found.Please enter comment
Comment added successfully.
- Average ReviewNo Review found.